Wood is a natural source of producing fire and heat. This natural and cheap source is being used by many household. It is not only having the advantage of easy availability but is also having relatively low cost. Moreover they are very easy to use. The wood stove is an alternative to the liquefied gas which is being used by many people. Wood can be used as the fuel by these stoves. They are helpful in reducing the cost of the heating fuel. Not only for cooking they can be used for other purposes in the household. So in the recent past time, these kinds of stoves are becoming popular.
Usage of the wood stove in the households
Wood stoves are of variety of sizes and shapes. The small wood stoves are small in size yet quite efficient. They are useful in the homes of small family of two or three members. They are the ideal requirement for the cooking as well as other heating needs. Besides they are perfect for the fireplaces of the rooms and cottages in cold seasons. So these kind of wood stoves are multi functional. These mainly help in conserving the costly energy and produce heat at low cost. Get to know more about using these stoves.
Different stove to be bought for your home
The efficiency of the wood burning stoves has been a lot. So the popularity of such stoves are going high. Many manufacturers are designing new stoves and launching them. Therefore, the customer gets confused while they go to buy one. Here are some tips to choose the right stove.
The present day stoves come with beautiful designs. The body of the stove can be made of cast iron, welded iron soap stone or a combination of the former. Soap stone body is the latest design which looks good. The cast iron and welded one is near to same but the later needs a bit of maintenance.
Next the decision has to be made based on its utility. Whether being used as primary heating source or the secondary one, the stove has to be different based on application. The earlier one was the non catalytic stoves and now the catalytic stove. The present days wood burning stoves are much more economical. They are able to warm up an area of about 1000 to 1200 square feet. The non catalytic wood stove need a bit of maintenance and cleaning for a longer investment. Check out various products and their features before buying one.
How can a stove be useful for the fireplace?
Fireplace is an important part of any home in winter dominating country. Places like London have the cold season all the year round. So fireplace is a must for every home. Traditional crackling wood fireplaces are old fashioned now. To upgrade the place, one can install the wood stove. In London, many people are installing stoves at fireplaces. Such stoves are made up of metals with two pipes. One is the inlet of combustion air and other is the outlet of combustion gas. There are also models without such vents. They are airtight and produce less smoke. Hence it is more heating efficient than the vent one.
Get to know some important facts before buying the stoves
Buying of wood stoves can be a bit confusing. If you are a first time buyer, then it is a bad idea to look for stars. The wood stoves are not being sold based on star ratings. The ratings and the feedback can be confusing too. It is a good idea to look out for the government efficiency rating. Based on such information and a bit of knowledge about the wood stove can be helpful. Know about the manufacturer who is supplying the wood stove and fireplace inserts. Check out these properties while buying such a wood stove for your household purpose.
- Whether catalytic or non catalytic stoves
- The size of the chamber where the firewood burns
- Know the size of the largest log that would fit in the box
- Know about the heat value and the efficiency of the stove about producing heat.
- Know about the emission. The particulate matter that is being emitted is responsible for air pollution.
- Know about the range of heat output. Have knowledge about the government range and the one you are buying.
- The maximum wood stove burn time
- The heating capacity of the stove. Know about how much area will get heated by the wood stove.
All these factors are essential to be considered while buying such a product. Read about various products over the internet. Know about various manufacturers who are ultimately bringing the best product.
Tips on using the stoves properly
If you are already an owner of the wood stove then here are some tips to maintain a low maintenance. Follow these tips and your stove would be in usable condition for longer period of time.
- If you have bought anew wood stove, then it is a good idea to read the instruction manual. Follow the precaution mentioned there. It would help to keep the stove in a good condition for longer period of time. Otherwise if you have bought a second hand one, ask the seller for the tips. Know about them and follow them.
- Know about the wood that can be used. Using right kind of wood would help in providing the right heat amount. Avoid using the green wood as they are not environment friendly. It is best to use the seasoned wood. One may also buy the green wood and season it by themselves. That can be time consuming but use the seasoned one.
Concluding on the overview of wood stove
Wood stove is the right alternative for the high cost fuel source. It is multi functional and can be used for both cooking and warming purpose. Just take few hours to know about its usage. Proper usage will surely help to use the stove for long period of time. Some of the wood stove also needs maintenance. Follow these steps to get a low cost heating source. Being such a cost effective one, many business and commercials are also using them for heating. They are safe and environment friendly too.